When it’s time to change your old laptop with an existing one, you had to do a lot of research in order to buy one which suits you the best!
I was having Dell Inspiron 14 R and due to some issues I thought of switching to a new one. After researching a lot I finally got a new Macbook Pro 13 inch (Without Retina).
As compared to Dell I upgraded from an i3 processor to i5 processor but the screen size decreased, the secondary storage remained same i.e 500 GB and the RAM was upgraded from 3 GB to 4GB.
Moreover, when we talk about the price of laptop which is the foremost thing everyone takes into account, MacBook is almost double in that! Dell Inspiron (i5) is available for Rs. 35,000- Rs. 40,000 but the price of MacBook is Rs.89,900
I got it for Rs.63,000 by availing Student’s discount from the Apple Store. Now what matters is WHY MACBOOK? What is there that made it’s cost double?
Obviously it’s not only the Apple logo behind the laptop but the quality and promise of Apple.
Here is my Macbook Pro 😀
- While other laptops have 2, 2.0 USB Ports and 1, 3.0 USB Port, MacBook has 2, 3.0 USB Ports
- The RAM speed which is usually around 1333 MHz in most laptops, it’s 1600 MHz in MacBook
- Height of MacBook is 0.71 in which is always slim than others
Some More features:
- It has 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
- It’s just 2.41 cm thin
- Weight of MacBook Pro is 1.06 kg
- By default it comes with 500GB 5400-rpm hard drive and 4 GB memory
- Both Hard Disk and RAM are expandable up to 1 TB and 16 GB respectively.
- When it comes to battery life,it has Integrated 63.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery and is quite good, providing up to 8 hours while surfing web.
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Full-size backlit keyboard
- Gigabit Ethernet
- FaceTime HD camera
- Multi-Touch trackpad
- SDXC card slot
- Operating System which comes pre-installed is OS X El Capitan
It totally depends on your need whether you need a Windows Operating System or not. If you are comfortable with the basic apps which are in Mac OS, then only you should go for MacBook. If you are installing windows on MacBook for using some softwares then it’s of no use. You should then go for a Windows one.
Spending such a big amount on laptop needs to be a wise decision. Macs are built to higher standards than the typical “consumer level” laptop. The quality of the material and build is always higher and superior.